In order to link Family Types to Items in dRofus, click on "Items <-> Families":
The following dialog will then appear:
Within this dialog, the top-left section lists all the unlinked Items in dRofus and the top-right section lists all the unlinked Family Types in Revit.
All Items that have already been linked with their corresponding Family Types are listed at the bottom section of the dialog.
- Using configuration: Data will be synchronized as per the Attribute Configuration that is set as default, unless you switch to / activate another Attribute Configuration. Creation or modification or deletion of Attribute Configurations can be carried out by the Project Administrator. Within each Attribute Configuration, the Project Administrator can select / map Revit Family Type parameters to the corresponding dRofus Item attributes as well as designate the direction at which the data (pertaining to each mapping) flows between dRofus and Revit. For a more detailed explanation, go to: Create New or Edit Revit Attribute Configuration. The default configuration uses an internal dRofus ID and writes this in to the Family Type for matching purposes. The advantage of this (over the use of the Item Number) is that the Item can be moved to another Item Group within dRofus (thereby changing the Item Number) yet the link value will remain the same. You can create new configurations as well as edit them the same way as you can for Rooms.
- Categories: Choose which Revit Categories to include within the Family Type <-> dRofus Item dialog. This will affect both the list of Family Types you see in this view as well as the Items in Room / Level / Model dialogs. By default, the Casework, Furniture, Furniture Systems and Plumbing categories are included. If you have Administration rights for the Project, you will be able to create a new default configuration by clicking Save as default before you close the dialog. This will then affect all Users in this Project / Database. If not saved, the settings will only affect the current session (until you close Revit or log into another database)
- Unlink: Unlink the chosen linked Item, thereby stopping the exchange of information that was pushed (one way or the other using the configuration that is active in (1)) between the Revit Family Types and dRofus Items.
- Sync: Synchronize the selected Family Type / Item (using the configuration that is active in (1)).
- Sync all: Sync all linked Family Types / Items (using the configuration that is active in (1)).
Right-click options: Right-click anywhere within the top-left or bottom panels, and you will be able to either Add/remove columns or Export the list to Excel or Refresh the list.
You are also able to include "Model Groups" as the Revit Family Categories Filter and subsequently link Model Group to dRofus Items as follows:
Depending on whether or not you decide to link on a Model Group and / or Family Type (the instances of which may pertain to various Model Groups) basis, you are able to include or not include Model Groups within the "Items in Room" and "Items in level/model" validation windows by using various Filters. Refer to "14. Model groups" under "5. Options" in ..Items in Room vBETA vBETA and also "13. Model groups" under "10. Options" in Items in Multiple Rooms Selected or by Revit Level or by Revit Model.
4. and 5. (above) will not work for those Families <-> Items where there are duplicate key values within the chosen Revit parameter (for Family Types) or within the chosen dRofus attribute (for Items). It is recommended that these be audited prior to executing the synchronization process.
If at any stage there are such duplicate values, a message will be available as follows:
If you then click on the above message, a "Link status" dialog panel will then pop up as follows: